The Hard Times Kapelye (HTK) is the klezmer-playing subset of the Hard Times Orkestar (HTO) which plays what might be termed ‘ethno-classical’ compositions by Richard Fay and some traditional pieces (e.g. from the Balkans and Scandinavia). The HTK also have some wider Balkan influences and play some original compositions too.
Both HTK – and its parent HTO – involve friends, neighbours and colleagues dusting off their underused instruments to enjoy playing music together for occasional fund-raising concerts for charities close to the members’ hearts. At the moment, the line-up is:
- Mike Beaumont (fidl and percussion),
- Derek Davies (tenor sax),
- Richard Fay (horns and trumpet),
- Simon Ingram (fidl),
- Bob Shaw (guitar),
- Colin Watson (clarinet and alto sax)
- …. with occasional guests from further afield (e.g. in the above picture, Marco Castillo from Chile ).
For more information contact Richard on: firstname.lastname@example.org and 07906 430 610
For more photos please visit their Flickr Feed